Sunday, October 16, 2016

I Go to the Master

This song and it's music was written by one of my all time favorite songwriters Rev Carroll McGruder. and recorded in 1991 by Zion Music.  I was there the very first time they sung it in public they recorded live called Come Fly with the McGruders.  It was my first experience with a gospel concert as I had just recently started going to church.  It was exciting!!!  Sis Priscilla McGruder had to be one of the most powerful anointed singers I have every heard.  I absolutely loved the way she worshiped while she sang her heart out.  There was just something unique and different that made her stand out from all other singers.  God knew exactly what he was doing when he put this songwriter and vocal singer together.  What a great pair these two became in God's ministry.

Carroll McGruder (December 25, 1946 - September 14, 2015) and Priscilla McGruder ( October 25, 1948 - April 29, 2010) pastored the United Pentecostal Church in Kennett, MO for twenty-five years.  The first time I visited their church was also the first time I heard Bro Larry Carter play and sing Sunday School Girl.  They were made Bishop  on February 25, 2006 and Rev. Don Sheerin became pastor.

Carroll Lester McGruder was born in Holcomb, MO to Lester Hendrix and Fannie Beatrice (McCool).  He married Priscilla Elaine McDonald on June 1, 1976.  They had three children: Eric, Shawnee, and Holly.

Awards:
2013 Bro McGruder won songwriter of the year.

Photo from the actual concert at the Forum in Jonesboro, Ar.  
Happened to be my very first gospel concert.

In Watching a video of another song actually found myself 
when camera zoomed by bottom right corner.
What a wonderful memory this picture brings back to me.  

Lyrics:
(Verse 1)
When there's no place to go, you think no one knows, what you're going through.
When you've done all you can, you're exhausted my friend, and there's nothing else left you
can do.
When life overwhelms you, or someone betrays you, you feel like nobody cares,
There's still one place I know, when there's no place to go, I can go to the Master in
prayer.

(Chorus)...
I can go to the Master, He always listens, He welcomes my pleas because He cares about
me, He won't overlook my petition.
He's standing above, and He's watching in love, He's waiting my burdens to bear,
He's got time for you, and a place for me too, I can go to the Master in prayer.
 
(Verse 2)
When the world turns on me, I'm so blind I can't see, doubts are everywhere.
When friends turn me down, and my spirit is bound, I can't rise above all my fears.
When pain won't release me, there's no peace within me, I'm feeling like life isn't fair,
When my night's sleep is lost, and I've turned and I've tossed, I can go to the Master in
prayer.


(Chorus)... (End)If you're life's a dead end, I can still recommend, you can go to the Master in prayer. The McGruders have so many wonderful songs here are a few of them: Heaven's Point of View Stand on the Word Most of All I'm Going Home with Jesus   



I finally had time to create a video of Sis McGruder singing this song herself, 



Recording by Karen Wheaton.



Other Favorites by the McGruders
Just have to say there are way too many to list them all :)

Heaven's Point of View

Stand on His Word

Saved by Grace


Warming Up


Sources:
http://www.kennettupc.com/page/carroll_mcgruder
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2199&dat=19881225&id=j0IyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=HeYFAAAAIBAJ&pg=6612,5910062&hl=en
http://www.mcdanielfuneralservice.com/home/index.cfm/obituaries/view/fh_id/12769/id/3310088
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=152305879

Here is a site for soundtracks:  http://www.christwill.com/i-go-to-the-master-125979.html


Please feel free to contact me if you happen to have Sis McGruder singing this song or would like to add to the information provided.  There is a lot of information on the two wonderful people in many places.
Thanks for stopping by. God Bless.

12 comments:

  1. Luv this song, even though it is old, but it is one of a kind of song you will never ever got bored to listen to

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very powerful song.. I love listening to it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites. This song reminds me that I can always go to the Master and He is always faithful. A powerful song indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very powerful song with meaningful lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so blessed to hear the McGruders sing. The Holy Ghost still is real in them even they are no longer here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this anointed family.Still blessing people long after they're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this anointed family.Still blessing people long after they're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only wish I had the pleasure of knowing the mcgruders while they were living and still singing she carried such an anointing you couldn't help feel it in her voice and bro mcgruders as well. I'm new to them. Bout. 3 months and I can't get enough of their music. I am so blessed

    ReplyDelete
  9. What was the date sis McGruder recorded From Heavens Point of View Live

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have came across several live videos and not one of them have the information as to what church they were at and what year as they are posted the year after Sis McGruders passing. I have no answer except in the oldest video Bro McGruder thanks Bro Anderson for allowing them to be there.

      Delete
  10. Where can I find only the music ....it is such a beautiful song to sing. Thank you for the background on this song

    ReplyDelete