Sunday, January 31, 2021

I Have A Friend on Whom I Can Depend


The search begins. We have another mystery.  I received a request about this song from a fellow brother in Canada. They sing this song in their church for many years, but have no idea where it came from. I love research, but haven't had much luck with the title, "I Have a Friend."  Every search is flooded with, "What a Friend We Have In Jesus." Although I love that song; it is not the one we are searching for. He has worked very hard in getting the verses they sing.  I would love it if someone out there might know anything about this song. 

Lyric's:
Verse 1:
In a dark and troubled land
Men are searching for a plan
They’re looking for an experience that is real
Living in a world of make believe
If only they could see
There is a friend on whom they can depend

I have a friend on whom I can depend 
He has delivered me from all of my sin 
I call His name 
He always remains the same 
I have a friend on whom I can depend. 

Verse 2:
You must repent of your sins
Be baptized and born again
If you intend to inherit the kingdom of God
Then at the judgement you'll see
A friend He'll always be
There is a friend on whom they can depend

I have contacted a hint of whom they may have heard sing this song, and I am currently following up on that lead. I have contacted a church in Georgia who's pastor used to evangelize that possibly sung this song. I sure hope to hear back from them. This has sparked my interest and will update as information comes in. This is a song mystery to be solved. If you have any information please share. I would love to solve this mystery and uncover the songwriter.  Keep a look out for updates. 
God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment