Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Only God Know's

This song was written by Kevin Wright in 1995.  Bro. Wright was born February 1 1964, and is an awesome singer/songwriter still to this day. He first lost his dad only six months after being diagnosed with Lymphoma, and two children from church were killed in a car accident all in the early part of 1995.  He wrote and sung this song
at the children's funeral.  Bro Kevin said that this song was intended not only to comfort the family of the children, but also to remind himself that God was still on his throne no matter
the situation.  He made this statement, "I am very thankful
how God has used this song to comfort so many who
needed to be reminded that "Only God Knows....and that's
good enough for me." This man is a very talented singer/ songwriter.  We sing many of his songs in our own church. I remember first hearing them while going to church in Lepanto, Ar back in the early 90's.  Although, at the time I didn't know they had a group and recordings till years later.  

I have chosen to add this song to my list, because even though I have heard Bro Kevin's songs for the past twenty years I had never heard this song.  In these recent years I have come up against many things and even though I know God is with me I just couldn't understand why I was going through so much.  It seemed like one thing right after another which caused me not to doubt God but man.  One night as I was praying I came across this song while looking for another.  It was just meant to be.  It was just what I needed to hear.  So if you have stumbled across this blog looking for answers as well than you have stopped at the right place.  Some things we are just not meant to know.  God reveals some things while others things we just have to leave to him.  I hope this song blesses you in your time of need no matter what it might be. 

Lyrics:

Sometimes it's easy, to ask yourself why.
When the hurting you feel cuts so deep inside.
And seems like you lost your reason for life.
Oh, but hear what I say and take my advice.
Don't give up your not walking alone.
For there's one who's beside you.
He's been there all along.
And he knows every tear you've cried.
Oh and he has the answer to why.

Only God knows how your broken heart
It fits in his master plan.
Just when you think your world is falling apart
Finding he's holding your world in his hand.
Why must a sparrow fall to the ground.
I don't know, but I know God see's.
It's beyond my mind
Only God knows why that's good enough for me.

Now why must I watch someone I love so
Wither  and die for growing old
And why must a mother lose her pride and joy,
And a daddy say good-bye to his little boy.
I don't know I only know that it's so.
And I don't mean to question God with things
I'm not meant to know.
For my trust is still in him alone,
Knowing God is still on his throne.

                                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6cRno9m5as

 
                                   Other written and sung by Kevin Wright and Living Proof:

 
                                                                One Drop of Blood

 
                                                                 The Potter's House
 
                                                                   Dust on the Altar
 
                                                                       Just Like Fire
 
and so many more wonderful songs.  Look him up on YouTube.  I heard it is in the making for a brand new CD of new songs to come in the near future. 
 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment